- Top >
- Cancellation Policy
FEES FOR CANCELING/CHANGING TRAVEL ARRANGEMENTS
A. SPECIAL DISCOUNT AIRLINE TICKET DEPARTING JAPAN AS ORIGIN
1. Cancellation Fees (per person)
|CANCELLATION DATE||CANCELLATION FEE|
(Departing Out of Peak Season)
Apr.25-May5 / Aug5-Aug15 / Dec20-Jan5
|32 days prior or earlier||¥0||¥0|
|31-16 days prior to departure date||¥20,000
(¥10,000 if, airfare < ¥50,000)
(¥20,000 if, airfare < ¥50,000)
|15-4 days prior to departure date||¥30,000
(¥20,000 if, airfare < ¥60,000)
(¥30,000 if, airfare < ¥80,000)
|3 days prior up until departure time||50% if, airfare > ¥60,000
¥30,000 < airfare < ¥60,000
100% if, airfare < ¥30,000
|50% if, airfare > ¥80,000
¥40,000 < airfare < ¥80,000
100% if, airfare < ¥40,000
|*||Cancellations can be made at anytime, but the above-mentioned charges will be imposed.The customer needs to notify the travel agency as soon as possible, if cancellation is required.|
|*||Charges for cancellations on departure flights, as well as return flights, connecting flights will all be calculated by days remaining to departure date of origin, from the time of request.|
|*||Tickets are normally issued 14 days prior to departure date of origin, but in some situations (i.e.,to obtain a VISA, tickets may be required) it is necessary to issue the tickets earlier. Cancellation in such cases, 100% cancellation charge may be imposed. For details, contact your travel agency.|
- To receive a refund, for either canceling or changing travel arrangements, the tickets must be returned to the travel agency, if it has already been issued to the customer.
- The full refund process may take between 1 week to 6 months, depending on the type of ticket purchased. Please be aware of the type of ticket purchased.
2. Fees for Changing Travel Arrangements
|*||Charges for changing travel arrangements will be treated in the same manner as canceling an airline ticket.|
|*||As for an open ticket, changes in sectors allowed, the following charges will be imposed:|
|*||PRIOR to ticket being issued, with less than 31days to departure date,||¥1,050 (each)|
- If re-issuance of ticket is necessary to make the necessary changes, it will be treated in the same manner as canceling an airline ticket.
B. AIRLINE TICKETS WITH COUNTRY OF ORIGIN OTHER THAN JAPANTerms and conditions may differ for each airline company and/or country. Therefore, upon request of service, please be aware of those conditions. For details, contact your travel agency.
C. TRAVEL COMMODITIES OTHER THAN AIRLINE TICKETSTerms and conditions are different for each travel commodity (i.e., train ticket, bus ticket, cruise-ship ticket, rent-a-car, hotel, etc.). Therefore, upon request of service, please be aware of those conditions. For details, contact your travel agency.
|**||Depending on the ticket type of the airline companies, the above mentioned
charges may not be applicable. In such cases, please refer to the following:
To the above mentioned terms and conditions, the reservations on the airline company and/or ticket type, APPLY / DO NOT APPLY (see below).
|__________Airline from time of reservation, prior to ticket being issued||¥__________________|
|After ticket has been issued, ____days prior to departure date||¥__________________
|Less than____days to departure date||¥__________________
For details regarding any uncertainties, please ask one of our travel agents
Exceptions to Changing Travel Arrangements on a Special Discount Airline Ticket Departing Japan as OriginChanging travel arrangements will be treated in the same manner as canceling an airline ticket. (For cancellation and change made 32 days prior or earlier, there will be no charge.)
But as an exception, if all of the conditions mentioned below are met, change of travel arrangements may be permitted with a charge of ¥3,150.
- Change is made prior to ticket being issued.
- Change is made 17 days prior or earlier.
- Change is made within the same airline company.
*Although exceptional cases do exist to the 3rd condition. i.e., One might be on a waiting list for his/her desired flight, but in case the desired flight does not become available, an alternate reservation on a different airline may be made. If the desired flight does become available before the deadline stated in the 2nd condition, then the cancellation on the alternate reservation will be done without charge.
Important Information Regarding Changing Travel Arrangements
- If the revised departure date and the original departure date has a time span larger than 31days, this change of travel arrangement will be treated in the same manner as cancellation.
- Calculation of remaining days starts from the day the cancellation/change of travel arrangements was requested.
- May the customer wish to change travel arrangements to the desired one, it may not be available. Furthermore, if the customer decides to cancel the entire travel arrangement, including the original plan, then cancellation charges will apply.
- In no circumstance will we change the name of the traveler. Such matter will be treated as total cancellation. As you may know, Japanese travel companies operate under the supervision of the Minister of the Land infrastracture and Transport of Japan, and the relationship between the customer and the travel company is stated in the travel business agreement. All of our operations are done within those guidelines, BUT the concept regarding changing travel arrangements on a special discount ticket is not written anywhere in the travel business agreement. All changes made with less than 31 days to the departure date are considered as a cancellation. Therefore, the above-mentioned regulations regarding changing travel arrangements are considered exceptional cases, taking in consideration the needs of the customers.
|CAUTION:||To change the name on any travel commodity (airline ticket, hotel reservation, etc.), will be treated as total cancellation. Therefore, upon request of service, please make sure the name on the application form is spelled exactly the same, as the one on your passport.|